According to an IRES news release today, IRES and REcolorado have made a firm commitment to merge.
If the merger proceeds, the integration of the MLS organization’s products and services, and listing data will happen soon after. As in many merger scenarios, here at UltimateIDX we anticipate the IDX RETS feeds from IRES and REcolorado to also be unified, but this may take anywhere from 4-12 months.
The binding merger agreement has been signed by Lauren Hansen, CEO of IRES, and Kirby Slunaker, president and CEO of REcolorado. The shareholders are expected to review and vote on the merger agreement in the coming weeks.
Shareholders of IRES are:
- Boulder Area REALTOR® Association
- Fort Collins Board of REALTORS®
- Greeley Area REALTOR® Association
- Longmont Association of REALTORS®
- Loveland Berthoud Association of REALTORS®
REcolorado’s shareholders are:
- Denver Metro Association of REALTORS
- South Metro Denver REALTOR Association, and
- Aurora Association of REALTORS®.
Stay tuned for updates.